About The Founder
- He did his B. Arch. from Bombay University, secured 5th position among the successful candidates and was bracketed FIRST in Architectural Design. Out of 78 candidates that had appeared in 1960 for the final B.Arch. examination only 17, including him, passed—and nobody was placed in first class which required 66% marks.
- The University of Queensland, Australia, conferred on him the Master of Architecture (M. Arch.) degree for his pioneer research on Nek Chand’s Rock Garden.
- Chandigarh’s ROCK GARDEN as a significant work of “Outsider Art” was made famous by Dr SS Bhatti’s extensive writings published abroad in Crafts Australia (Australia), Domus (Italy), Smithsonian (USA), Raw Vision (UK), the Indian Edition of Reader’s Digest, etc.
- First on Chandigarh was conferred the 5th JIIA Award for Excellence in Architecture [Research Category]
- Second on Guru Nanak Bani was honoured by Guru Har Krishan Educational Society as the Best PhD done in 2000 at the Department of Guru Nanak Sikh Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- Third on the Architecture, Engineering, Aesthetics of Golden Temple, Amritsar.